Capitol Relocation & Logistics works hard to be the type of moving company that our customers think of as being different from the rest. We want to be known for taking care of your belongings, providing excellent customer service, fulfilling our promises and delivering your belongings to their destination on time. We care about you and your family, and we understand that moving can be a stressful experience. Knowing that your moving company is committed to making moving as easy as it can go a long way toward reducing the stress of the entire experience. Here are five tips to stay healthy during your next move:
Tips to Stay Healthy During a Move
- Use the Right Equipment – If you are moving furniture, boxes, and other items in preparation for your move, make sure you use the right equipment to avoid injuries. We recommend the use of lifting straps when moving large items, such as dressers, desks, cabinets, and furniture. Lifting straps allow you to move heavier objects while using good posture, which reduces the risk of injury. Smaller, heavier items can be loaded onto dollies or hand-trucks. Other examples of important moving equipment include knee and back braces, gloves, and supportive shoes.
- Make Sure You are Properly Nourished and Hydrated – Moving takes a lot out of you, and forgetting to break for meals is easy to do. You are likely to be burning lots of calories and sweating out fluids, which can become even more problematic if you are moving during hot weather months. Fruits and vegetables are great sources of energy, and water remains the best source of hydration. You can avoid aches, pains, and dehydration by ensuring that you are nourished and hydrated properly.
- Get Adequate Rest – Even if you are not stressed out by the prospect of moving, it is a busy time and it requires a lot of thought and the completion of many tasks. It is important to ensure that you get enough rest leading up to, during, and after your move. Try to remain on a healthy sleep schedule to keep your mind and body as sharp as possible.
- Moving Takes Time – Give yourself adequate time for the move and complete the move in increments. We tend to accumulate more belongings than we realize before we move, which often requires selling, throwing away, or recycling a lot of stuff. If you give yourself plenty of time, dealing with all of that is manageable. If you do not give yourself enough time, it can be overwhelming. Planning allows you to complete the steps of your move in manageable increments.
- Watch the Weather – Even if your move is local, it can be affected by weather and temperature extremes.
If you would like more information about moving or would like a free moving quote from Capitol Relocation & Logistics, call us today at (860) 415-4400.