Between finding a new home and handing over all your belongings to a moving company, you can imagine why moving is one of the most stress-inducing life experiences. When moving day arrives and you hand over all your items to be safely packed and transported to your new home, you’re going to want to feel 100% sure that you’ve chosen a CT moving company you can trust. Not sure how to go about finding a trustworthy moving company among the thousands of local movers? Here are some tips to help you narrow down your search so that you can move with confidence.
- Invite Them Over! That’s right, ask the moving company to visit your home to provide you with a moving estimate. If a mover assures you that they don’t need to see your items to provide an estimate, then go ahead and rule out that company. You’ll want to get an estimate of how much your move is going to cost – in writing. And be sure that the terms on the estimate are easy to understand. While the rep is at your place, you can ask them to explain questionable items or have them answer any move-related questions you may have.
- Be Sure They Are Legitimate. In order to fully trust a moving company, you’ll need to know that they are a legitimate company that is properly insured. Believe it or not, there are actually fly-by-night scam movers out there, and they know the tricks that will separate you from your belongings AND your money. It pays to make a quick check online with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to be sure your moving company is registered and legit.
- Flexibility Fits The Bill. Your move may be relatively simple, where you will require only transportation of your boxes. And then there are moves that require every service a moving company offers, such as packing, unpacking, vehicle transport, and short-term storage. Be sure to check in advance that your company offers all the moving services you will need. And a quick tip: you never know what type of unexpected occurrence will require your items to require flexible storage, so it helps to hire a mover who offers flexible storage options as well.
- Are Your Items In The Hands Of Professionals? If your moving company hires experienced professionally trained packers and drivers, then yes, your items are in good hands. Be sure to ask about the credentials of those who are handling your belongings and find out if they are contract employees or actual employees of the moving company.
- National Carriers Rule The Roads. If your CT moving company is an agent of United Van Lines, then you know that you have been offered all the extras for your moving experience. United Van Lines agents will offer you perks such as extra coverage and move to track, this way you can rest assured that no stone is left unturned.
How To Contact Your Reliable CT Mover
Find out why Capitol Relocation & Logistics has been the trusted moving company in CT with repeat customers who would trust no others. Call (860) 415-4400 today for a free moving estimate from one of Connecticut’s finest moving companies.