When choosing a moving company for your relocation, your options are nearly endless. The problem is that it can be extremely difficult to know if the affordable movers you choose are legit. With today’s high-tech, fast-paced world it’s easy for local movers to create a slick website that makes the company look very professional. In this blog, we’ll outline a few tips to help you ensure that the moving company you hire is a legitimate organization that will not steer you wrong.
How to Determine if Movers are Legitimate
- Ensure movers will provide an in-home estimate – An in-home estimate is extremely important when it comes to hiring reliable movers. Companies that refuse to provide an in-person moving estimate are almost always going to try to find some way to charge you more than they originally quoted. This type of bait and switch tactic is one of the most common ways that movers inflate prices at the time of the move when you have no other option for choosing an alternate moving company.
- Call local real estate agents – Your local real estate agents can be great resources when it comes to choosing local movers. Whether you’re looking to move across the street or the country, real estate agents will have a list of reputable moving companies that they’ve worked with in the past.
- Check out a company’s facilities – Before hiring affordable movers check out their trucks and facilities. Be wary of companies that do not have lettered moving vans and show up to jobs with magnets attached to rental trucks.
- Interview multiple moving companies – Interviewing several affordable moving companies will give you a feel for the company that best fits your needs. You will often learn a lot just by talking at length with movers. If you feel uneasy during the first meeting, it’s likely that you could have issues when it comes to moving your belongings.
- Ensure proper documentation is provided – Every moving company must provide you with a “Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move” pamphlet. If a company fails to provide this, it’s likely that they are not properly licensed to be offering moving services in your area.
Contact Capitol Relocation & Logistics To Handle Your Moving Needs
Capitol Relocation & Logistics has been serving the Connecticut and Massachusetts areas for over 60 years. We’d be happy to offer a free in-home estimate for your residential or commercial moving needs. Give us a call today at 860-579-6377 and we’ll have you on your way to your new home in no time at all!